Friday, March 23, 2007

Do You Want To Make Money Online? Then Stop Kidding Yourself

By Trevor Kugler

So you're interested in making money online. I'm assuming that because you're reading an article with this title. The biggest obstacle to making money online is navigating through all of the crap floating around the making money online toilet. And let me tell you something, there's a lot of crap. My first piece of advice is to stop kidding yourself into the fact that it's simple and easy to make money online.

Before I go any further, let me make it abundantly clear that I have no vested interest in you making money online. I'm not selling any e-book or trying to recruit you into a program. My website has nothing to do with any of those things, it has to do with fishing. I simply want to tell you some of what I've learned with the hopes that it may save you some time and money. I realize how incredibly frustrating figuring this "online" thing out can be, so I just wanted to offer my take.

The first thing, as I eluded to before, is that you need to stop kidding yourself into thinking making money online is simple, easy, or quick. Many people, myself included, fall into the trap of thinking that money can be made hand over fist simply because there's a website involved. This is simply not true. Making money online is exactly like making money anywhere else. Many people who want to sell you a "business opportunity" will lie about this fact and make it seem as if making money online is somehow different. Making money online is in no way different than making money in any other business, and surely not because it has the word 'online' attached to it. But these weasels want to make it seem as if it's different simply to get your money.

If you have the intention of making money online you need to educate yourself about the internet before you begin. These 'weasels' that I'm speaking of prey on people who aren't aware of some of the simplest things. I'm not saying that you have to become a tech dork, just educate yourself a bit as to how the Internet works. Look into things such as: affiliate marketing, driving traffic, SEO (search engine optimization), and article writing. Especially the subject of traffic. You need to have a plan in place as to how you're going to get people to your website. Don't do what I did, and jump in to the swimming pool known as the Internet with no real Internet experience or self education. You might almost drown while trying to get a lot of it figured out.

My last piece of advice is to not think that you can solve this puzzle quickly. As I've said making money online is exactly like making money elsewhere, and making money almost never happens overnight. Again, this is where the 'weasels' do their best to convince you otherwise. They will make it seem as if making money with their "system" is easier than taking a breath! Remember what your Mom told you, if it sounds to good to be true, it IS. If you want to really make money online make sure that your passionate about the subject as well. You see, if your passionate about the subject, you won't care about money, and then the money will follow. It's when we do things simply for the promise of money that we get in trouble.

Trevor Kugler - Co-founder of JRWfishing.com Trevor has more than 20 years of fishing experience, and raises his three year old daughter in the heart of trout fishing country....Montana.

Check Out Our Boats and Pontoons: http://www.jrwfishing.com/boats.html

http://www.jrwfishing.com/sunglasses.html - Start Catching more fish Today!

http://www.jrwfishing.com/signup.html - sign up for the best free fishing Ezine on the web and get $10 for your trouble.

Article Source : Make Money Online

No comments: