Friday, March 23, 2007

E-commerce : Learning To Make Money Online

By Trevor Kugler

That's what we're interested in, correct? Making money online, and making money online is accomplished through E-commerce. That is, having a website with a product to sell, and with any luck, selling that product via the World Wide Web. E-commerce isn't as simple as having a product that you think will sell, slapping a website up, and selling it.

I used to think this is how it worked. I thought if you had a professional looking website, with products I thought would sell, I would receive orders. Then I realized that nothing could be further from the truth. Why I would have thought that the internet was any different from any other business, I'm not sure, but that's obviously what I thought. It may have something to do with all of the crap floating around about people becoming "overnight successes" on the internet. It seems like everywhere a person turns, there's another story in the media about someone making it big on the internet. In any case I fell into the trap of expecting the impossible. Namely, expecting to have a successful website without much effort.

Then after about six months of spinning my wheels, expecting the impossible, I realized a lot more effort was going to have to be put forth. I realized E-commerce was a process. I had to convince people to buy my products, just as is done in any other business. It wasn't enough just to have a page with a product on it, you have to convince the public that they need it.

While learning to make money online, I also realized that many of the people that you talk to, want to make money off of you, and don't truly have the best interests of your website in mind. For example, for months and months our webmaster was pushing a certain product on us to create newsletters. It seemed like a great product, but we had no one to send a newsletter to. Did he have any suggestions for getting subscribers? No, he just wanted us to buy the product. He wanted us to buy the product, because he got a piece of the action. He didn't care whether or not we actually needed it. This kind of thing seems to happen a lot on the internet. I suppose to be truthful, it happens everywhere, not just the internet.

The biggest thing to remember is that making money online is a process and doesn't happen overnight. If you want to make money online, the best thing you can do is start educating yourself. The more educated you can become about the process, the better. You didn't learn how to do long division all at once, right. You learned through a process and making money online is no different.

Trevor Kugler - Co-founder of JRWfishing.com Trevor has more than 20 years of fishing experience, and raises his three year old daughter in the heart of trout fishing country....Montana.

Check Out Our Boats and Pontoons: http://www.jrwfishing.com/boats.html

http://www.jrwfishing.com/starterkit.asp - Start Catching more fish Today!!!!

Sign up for the best free fishing Ezine on the web and get $10 for your trouble. - http://www.jrwfishing.com/signup.html

Article Source : Make Money Online

No comments: